CHALLENGE COURT RULES
The Challenge Court Rules are as follows:
- AdventHealth Covered Court #5 is designated as Pictona’s Challenge Court
- All games on the Challenge Court are doubles played to 11, win by 2, switch ends at 6
- The winning team may stay on the Challenge Court for up to 3 Games, at which time they must relinquish the court
- At the end of each game, the players with the next 2 paddles in the Challenge Court rack will take the court as challengers. If the winning team plays all 3 games, all 4 players must relinquish the court after the 3rd game. Then the next 4 paddles in the Challenge Court rack will take the court.
- Exiting teams may place their paddles back in the paddle rack and rejoin the rotation.
- A paddle rack will be placed on the North fence of court #5 (closest to the double door entry to the Welcome Desk lobby) and will be where teams stack their paddles to enter the Challenge Court. The paddle rack on the South end of court 5 will remain for players to rotate on and off courts 1-4
AdventHealth Covered Court #5 will be designated as the Challenge Court at all times, with the following exceptions:
- Monday Night Novice Play – Courts 1-5 will be available as Open Play courts for players with a 2.0-3.0 skill rating
- Any time AdventHealth Covered Court #5 is needed to conduct a Pictona instructional class
- Any special event hosted by Pictona where AdventHealth Covered Court #5 is needed for play
- Management reserves the right to place the Challenge Court back into Open Play during inclement weather if it serves the members to allow more players to rotate on and off the courts