Please see the map below for skill level assigned courts.
- Courts 1, 2, 3: Available for Open Play, all skill levels. Paddle rack by court 3. Courts may be used at select times for Pictona programming like PB101, 110, 201, and 301.
- Court 4: Designated Challenge Court.
- Courts 5, 6, 7, and 8: Available for Open Play, all skill levels. Paddle rack by court 5.
- Courts 21 & 22: Available for reservations. Court 21 has a backboard that can be used for drilling. When not reserved or being used for Pictona programming, available for Open Play, all skill levels.
- Stadium Courts S1, S2, S3, & S4: When not being used for Pictona instruction, available for Open Play
- MetroHealth Championship Court: Designated Challenge Court.
- Courts 31-44: Available for reservations. When not reserved or being used for Programmed Play, available for Open Play, all skill levels.
Players usually prefer to play with others of similar skill level. It makes for better competition and more fun. For day-to-day play, Pictona designates certain courts or pods of courts for Open Play based on skill level. We call these Skill Pods, and the skill levels and regular court locations are:
- Novice (Skill <2.5): Courts 15, 16, 17. Paddle rack by Court 15.
- Beginner (Skill 2.5 to 2.99): Courts 18, 19, 20. Paddle rack by Court 18.
- Intermediate (Skill 3.0 to 3.49): Courts 9, 10, 11. Paddle rack by Court 9.
- Upper-Intermediate (Skill 3.5 to 3.99): Courts 12, 13, 14. Paddle rack by Court 12.
- Advanced (Skill 4.0 to 4.49): Courts 25, 26, 27. Paddle rack by Court 26.
- Upper-Advanced (Skill 4.5+): Courts 28, 29, 30. Paddle rack by Court 30.
Pictona also has a growing interest in singles play, so we have set aside Courts 23 and 24 for singles play which can include skinny singles play.
The above schedule will be followed throughout the day – morning, afternoon, evening with three exceptions.
- Special events - such as tournaments and concerts may preempt certain courts for a period of time. When preempted the schedule will be posted online and at the courts.
- Special play – such as novice, intermediate, and advanced play, clinics, and league and ladder play may preempt certain courts for a period of time. When preempted the schedule will be posted online and at the courts.
- When it rains the covered courts convert to open play as soon as each game on those courts is completed. Instructors may finish the hour lesson they have started. New lessons may not begin.