Did you know that:
- You may drop the ball, allow it to bounce on the ground (one or more times), and then hit it to serve (the new Drop Serve)?
- If the ball hits the net on the serve and lands in the correct court, it is no longer a “Service Let” (serve the ball again) but you must play it?
- Any member of the serving team may call the score, but that person MUST call the score for the entire duration of that game?
- If the serving team calls the wrong score, you have until the third shot is hit to stop play, ask for a correction, and replay the point WITHOUT PENALTY?
- Besides asking the referee “Am I the correct server?” you may now also ask “Am I in the correct position?”
Come and hear about these and all the new rules for 2021
(these go into effect on Monday, January 25, 2021)
Date: Sunday, January 24, 2021
Time: Session 1: 10:30 AM – 12:00 noon
Session 2: 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Session 3: 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Place: Pictona Club, Holly Hill, FL
Presenter: Dereck Prince
USA Pickleball Association Certified Referee
USA Pickleball Association Registered Pickleball Referee Trainer
Call Pictona to register- 386 310-7067