Criteria: Participant should already have a basic understanding of pickleball rules, scoring, and the ability to execute serves, service returns, volleys, and dinks at a 50% success rate and/or attended PB201 or received permission from 301 class instructor (see Pictona's Skill Assessment Program).
This 3 part class focuses on one area each class; the schedule is as follows:
PB301 Class A Serves/Returns, Court Positioning Review: Ready Positions is KEY & Paddle Position Keeping paddle like a Brick Wall
- Review the 3 Types of Serves: Drive, Loop and Short (when to use)
- Review the 3 Types of Returns Drive Loop and Short (when to use)
- Serve and Return of Serve strategies (advantage of return straight ahead)
- Covering 100% of 75% of the court (toss drill)
- Advantages of keeping ball Low & Slow to avoid “high you die” shots. (vertical horizontal vertical sea saw theory, answer the opponent paddle position) F*U*M*S* strategies Paddle Forward, Feet, Follow-through * Follow the Ball UNATTACKABLE SHOTS MIDDLE MIDDLE MIDDLE SOFT SOFTER SOFTESS
PB301 Class B Drops, Drives, and How to Block (Brick Wall) in TVA
- Review of Class A topics (Deep Feet Repeat)
- The Drop Shot… Why? (Buys you TIME) Learn when to Drop the shot or Drive the shot : (no more 3rd shot drop every shot should be a drop shot)
- Advantages of Hitting ball Out of Air vs off a Bounce
- How to handle Drop or Drive shots when hit at you in Transitional Volley area.
- Blocking Drive Shots Transitional Volleys to Reset and Slow the Game down
PB301 Class C More Blocking (but at net) and “The Art of Dinking”
- Review of Class B topics
- Volleys: Net and Block Volleys… How to hit them and How to return them
- Dinking …. Advantages of Dinking … Keeping ball low and slow.
- Using the dink to get to the Kitchen Line and Setting yourself up?
- Learn to Dink with a Purpose and a Plan
- Practice Practice Drops: Importance of building Muscle Memory
It is my hope that you will enjoy the class and find it helpful. Pickle on!!!
Sylvia Whitehouse firstname.lastname@example.org (201.913.2103)
The course is open to both members and non-members. Participants must pre-register using either the member online reservation app or by calling the Pictona Welcome Desk at 386-310-7067. Check the Events Calendar or contact the Welcome Desk for dates and times. The cost of the course is $100 for members and $148 for non-members. (This includes all 3 Classes)
Click here to enroll in Pickleball 301