Job Title: Server
Provide friendly, knowledgeable, responsive service to create a positive dining experience for all of our guests.
Activities & Responsibilities
- Provide great food and great customer experience in our fast-casual restaurant, The Kitchen.
- Primarily counter service where you will greet customers, take food orders, answer questions about menu items, daily specials, beverage options, and other restaurant functions and services.
- Maintain a knowledge of menu items, how food is prepared, able to describe ingredients and cooking methods.
- Check guest ID to meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Enter orders into our Point of Sale (POS) system for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Serve beverages to guests and notify them when their order is ready for pickup.
- Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses and pour wine for guests.
- Monitor and observe dining experience to ensure guests are satisfied with food and service and respond promptly and courteously to correct any problems.
- Prepare guest checks using the POS that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes and collect payment.
- Clean tables, roll silverware, set up stations and dining areas, prepare for next shift, set up for any large parties.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Basic cleaning duties to include sweep and mop floors, server station, bathroom, take out trash.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offer suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guest needs and support the operation of, The Kitchen.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Provide guests with information about local areas, including giving directions.
- Inform guests about upcoming pickleball tournaments, club and wellness events.
Tools & Technology
- Cash registers, Credit card processing machines, Point-of-sale terminals, workstations, receipt printers
- Basic knowledge of dining room and food service procedures and functions
- Basic mathematical skills, ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours)
- Able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food and containers weighing up to 25 pounds
- Non-Smoking facility, we DO NOT allow smoking during shifts or on the property
Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org